Saturday, January 15, 2011

My First Contest

So this week, I will be entering my first art contest.  I'm pretty excited, although I most likely won't win anything as the photos I'm entering are a bit of a stretch for the theme of the contest.  The theme is relating to farms and the photos I'll be submitting are taken at a farm, but not easily recognizable as being farm related in any way.  I've never had my photos displayed in an art gallery of any sort, so this excites me greatly.  Also, maybe someone will be interested in buying one of my photos!  A portion of the proceeds will go towards revitalizing the town in which I grew up, so it's a pretty good cause.

My mom will be entering a couple of her paintings as well, so on top of all the other excitement, it's pretty cool that this is something we can do together.  Anyways, if you happen to be local to the area be sure to stop by and check out all the artwork at Studio B in Boyertown PA on Friday January 21st from 5pm to 8pm.

Here are the two photos I'll be entering:


8 comments:

  1. those are beautiful photographs. the frog one especially. keep up the good work :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I appreciated the support :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pics are great! Change your mindset and don't think you're not gonna win anything, be optimistic!! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Pantheon! It's not that I don't think the photos are worthy of winning a contest, I just don't think they'll win in a "farm" themed contest. We'll see.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The frog looks like it could have come from National Geographic. Nice. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks forkfantasy! It's not quite up to par with those guys, but maybe one day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. inspiring photo
    this is my blog http://anastharekphotography.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete